Before the settlement of the refugees from Asia Minor in 1925, the area of Metamorphosis belonged to the Dionysiou Monastery of Mount Athos and was the original site of a holy monastery dedicated to the Prophet Saint John the Baptist. Today the Holy Monastery of Saint John the Baptist, - a female convent founded in 1975-, lies at a distance of two kilometers from the village of Metamorfosis.
In 1950, the first children's camp was installed in the area. Since then, the village of Metamorfosis numbers more than ? children’s camps.
Tourism services, fishing, olive cultivation, production of extra virgin olive oil and beekeeping are the main occupations of its residents
…a village, a dozen images, a thousand memories ...
…the shade of the pine trees reaching the sea, the salt on our lips in summer, the absolute green invading the view and the big blue before our eyes.
What to admire first!
Admire panoramic photos of the area
See the map